Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cool News and a Fun Surprise

On Friday I was so jazzed to find out that Kyler will be able to go to preschool next school year. The high school where I work has an ROP preschool on campus for three hours in the morning four days a week for a VERY low price a month. (The ROP class means there are two adults who run the preschool, but also there are current high school students whose job it is to design and implement lessons for the kids.) The opportunity is just too great to pass up. I was soooo nervous about him getting in, we were on a very long waiting list, but it has all worked out! Kyler will be able to work with all sorts of people and play with a different set of kids, which is why I think he needs to go to preschool. Vicky from church has so wonderfully accepted my request to be the one to take him there and pick him up. I am really excited that he will be so close to me and that I will be able to see things that he does. It is such a great deal since it gives him the preschool experience without breaking our bank. We are really lucky!

The fun surprise was not for us but done by us. We are going to be out of town next weekend at a cousin's wedding so we won't be around for Mother's Day. This was a bummer because I had a great plan for my mother-in-law's gift. A long while agao, when she had first moved in to her house and we were hanging up this wall frame set, she had said she would love to have family pictures in them. Fast forward to now, both Jason and his brother have completed their families so I thought it was time to make that request happen. Thing was we wanted it to be a secret. So one Saturday a month ago we all went to the park and had my good (and amazingly talented) friend Amanda take some family and individual shots. We got the finished photos last weekend, and I went to work. I basically highjacked her house (with my mom's help) while she was at her tea shop and replaced all the floral type photos she had in there already. The whole time I was just thinking, I hope she doesn't mind me coming in and changing her decor! Turns out, she LOVED it. I took a picture before and after, so you guys could join in the fun too!


Till next time, Janelle

1 comment: