Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Single Mom? No Thanks!

For four days last week and for one day this week, Jason had to be out of town for work. It usually means some overtime pay, which is good, because we can certainly use the money, but it is such a pain. This sometimes happens on the spur of the moment, and sometimes it is planned, but no matter what, it is WAY not fun. I have NO idea how single moms do it. I think this is why God wanted the family unit to have a mom and a dad. I feel like my work is not just doubled without Jason here, but tripled or maybe even quadrupled! The late nights are the hardest and it's the time when you can't really have someone over to help out. Of course one of the kids always thinks that it would be a good time to not go to bed on time, making me stay up even later, and then I still have to do all my stuff to get ready for work and try to clean up the house (not to Jason's standards by any means, but reasonable). A couple of nights I bribed people with dinner to stay with me and help out with the kids. This past Monday, I pretty much invited myself over to my parents for dinner so I wouldn't be alone with the kids for so long. I am wondering if this makes me a sissy of a mom, or smart for not trying to do it alone. Maybe it's a little of both! All I know is, I got married so I would not have to be a single mom. I guess you should beware, because the next time Jason is out of town, I may just call on you or invite myself over!!
Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment