Sunday, May 10, 2009

Being a Mom....

Here is what being a mom means to me:

-I answer to "Mama"
-I can carry two babies, a purse and a diaper bag all at the same time if I need to
-One of the days I am proud of was when I went to the grocery store with all three kids by myself
-I have to get a kiss and hug good-bye every time I leave for somewhere from Kyler, even if it is just to the corner for an hour of tutoring
-I can have the "mom" voice
-I have learned to love the Disney Channel
-The tunes in my car consist of kid CD, my favorite on is Imagination Movers
-My husband chastises me for my bad housekeeping, but the kids are loved
-All TV shows are watched by DVR, and I am very thankful for the pause button
-I haven't had a hot meal in ages, I am always getting the babies their food, and therefore get to eat last
-Very often I read the same story multiple times in a row
-I just about have the movie "Cars" memorized
-I know the local Babies 'R Us like the back of my hand
-I almost never go to the bathroom by myself, Kyler calls it the gathering room or the party room
-I can take one bandanna and turn Kyler into a pirate, motorcycle guy, bandit or superhero
-I get to hear my kids are "just too cute"
-I have a new collection of really cute new flats, they are supposed to be easier to chase down my kids in rather than heels
-A daily occurrence / goal is to have all three kids crying at once
-Throw-up doesn't scare me
-Usually everyone wants to checkout the twins, so I better look decent whenever I go anywhere with them
-I am actually qualified to give advice on some subjects
-I still live on the edge and wear dangling earrings despite everyone telling me I would have to give them up
-You will hear me say multiple times per day "Where is ______'s blankie?"
-I have gone to work more times than I can count with food and / or spit-up on my clothes
-I know all the best tickle spots
-I get a kick out of the smallest things my kids do
-I can see all sorts of different parts of my personality in each of my kids
-My jewelry is not only cute but can double as toys at any given moment
-I count wipes as one of my best friends
-I get kisses for no reason, and sometimes even when I ask for them
-Each one of my three kids is "My Favorite" (read the book "You're All My Favorites")
-I wonder all the time if I am doing right by my kids
-I can finally begin to appreciate all that my mom is and did and still does for me and my brother and my family

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there who mean so much to me and my family!

Janelle

P.S. Here are me and my kids and our now traditional "girl" Mother's Day picture.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you captured my whole life in one blog...props to you and your memory!

    ReplyDelete