Friday, April 2, 2010

Getting Egg-cited!

Being that Easter is almost upon us, I thought I had better have the kids (and me) get ready. I had today off (one of our furlough days this year for my school district in response to budget cutbacks from the state) so I and the kids spent it preparing for our weekend activities. We needed to get some desserts made for our get-together at Aunt Wendy's tomorrow evening, go shopping for some last minute things (yes, cute purple shoes qualify), and get our eggs dyed. We succeeded in getting it all done except for the exception of a new tie for Jason for Sunday. (I got a little distracted by a search for a new purse, which I did snag.) So here are the kids enjoying dying their Easter eggs. Konner loved to peer inside the bowls (even dipping his paci in once or twice!) and wonder at what was happening. Kyler wanted some fun stripes on his eggs and Kassidy would have had all her eggs dyed pink if I had let her, but we convinced her to have a blue and purple one too.
Then it was my turn to hang out in the kitchen putting the finishing touches on our cappuccino cupcakes. Each of the kids said something so sweet when they saw the finished products. Kyler said they "were cool, Mommy," Konner said "wow," and Kassidy said "pretty" (well it was more like "pety" but I'll take it). It was a proud mommy moment indeed.Hope you are almost finished getting ready too. I'll have lots of updates in the near future since I am now officially on Spring Break and we now have some time for some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment