Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kindergarten Kyler!!

His backpack was labeled.
His lunch was made and packed.
His clothes were set out (a new Fox shirt - clever, I know).
He ate a small breakfast (maybe he was truly nervous).
We left on time (AMAZING!).
We listened to Imagination Movers sing "First Day of School" several times.
We got to the drop off loop with relative ease.
He got out and gave me a wave.
He almost missed the entrance to the gate, stepped back and in he went.
I cried as I pulled away and said a short prayer to God that he would have a good day.
He took a long walk using "duck tail" hands.
He colored a picture and wrote a little.
He had a grape snack.
He ate lunch.
He went to Kids Korner after school.
I picked him up at 3:30.
He told me it was a good day and he didn't even get in trouble once.
He made me feel so excited and sentimental at the same time.
Kyler, I am proud of you! May you gain the knowledge base to take you all the wonderful places you will go!

No comments:

Post a Comment