Wednesday, December 16, 2009

4th Annual Christmas Tea

The first Saturday in December I like to hold a Chirstmas Tea for my family, both actual and from church. This year my inspiration came from the parable of the talents. The master in the parable gave each of his servants money (talents) to work with according to their abilities. We always stress that no matter what your ability is, you are to do it to the fullest. I also wanted to point out that each servant got something, there wasn't a servant who couldn't do anything. To help us realize what we were good at, we had an assignment (there is always and assignment at my teas!). We wrote a short note to each and every other person in the room letting them know what we thought they were good at. Then we all had to share two of the notes - one that we knew already and one that surprised us. They notes were very heartfelt and heartwarming, and some of us even shed a few tears (another must at my teas!). It was a lovely way to start out the day and the holiday season. Thank you ladies for continuing to uplift and inspire me!

No comments:

Post a Comment