Saturday, October 10, 2009

Homecoming Week

This past week was Homecoming week at the school where I work. They always have dress-up days to get the kids involved. A group of us math teachers always like to show off our school spirit by participating with the students. Sometimes I think we have more than the students do!! At any rate we have a fun time trying to come up with cute outfits to wear for the week.

The first day was Mix Match Day. Instead of looking silly and all crazy we decided to create our own version. We made shirts that had letters all mixed up on the front and then matched them all up on the back like a test to spell out either Geometry or Algebra.
Another day was Twin Day. One of our teachers found this great shirt at Khol's we all picked up. It's a math book and a calculator (how perfect right!). The math book says to the calculator, "I got a problem." The calculator replies, "Yo! I'll solve it!" It's actually a line from "Ice, Ice Baby" which makes it even more funny.
My favorite day is always pj day. I found these great jammies with apples on them at Target and thought it was to perfect to pass up. When Kyler saw me that morning he said, "Are you wearing apple jammies to work?"
I love that I get to have tons of fun with the people I work with. Thanks ladies for making it so great to go work!

No comments:

Post a Comment